Friday, July 10, 2009

The Faerie Path by Frewin Jones

"Swept away into a court of magic and beauty, she discovers she is Tania, the lost princess of Faerie: the youngest daughter of Oberon and Titania. Since Tania's mysterious disappearance on the eve of her wedding five hundred years before, Faerie has been sunk in darkness and gloom. The courtly Lord Gabriel Drake, who Tania was once to marry, has found her and brought her back. With Tania's return, Faerie comes alive again as a land of winged children, glittering balls, and fantastic delights. But Tania can't forget Anita's world, or the boy she loved there. Torn between two loves and between two worlds, Tania slowly comes to discover why she disappeared so long ago. She possesses a singular magical ability and she must use it to stop a sinister plan that threatens the entire world of Faerie." -GoodReads

I’d say that I enjoyed this book, although I was a little confused about what was going on in the beginning, which I guess is what we’re suppose to feel. Anita (Tania) is drifting between two worlds, that of the “mortal world” and the other “faerie world.” At first she thinks she is dreaming and simply decides to go along for the ride. Soon she realizes that it is not a dream and wants to figure out a way to return home, only she doesn’t know which realm is her true home. I enjoyed the story, although I had a sense for what was going to happen early on. It was still a pleasant read and I plan on reading the other books in the series. The romance left a bit to be desired, I didn’t really feel anything for either Gabriel or for Edric. There needs to be a little more tension, chemistry or something in the next books. We’re told that Tania is in love, but I don’t really feel it. Other than that it was an entertaining read and I think others would enjoy it as well.

Book One: The Faerie Path
Book Two: The Lost Queen
Book Three: The Sorcerer King
Book Four: The Immortal Realm

Other Reviews

1 comment:

  1. Hey - sorry you lost all of your info. You had my blog listed before and you don't know how excited I was the first time I saw it listed on your page. Literarygirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!