Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Clever Disguise by Kathleen Fuller

Genre: Regency Romance

Publication Date: December 2008

One Word Review: Okay

Author Website: www.kathleenfuller.com

GoodReads Synopsis: For years, Michael Balcarris has loved Emily Dymoke from afar. However, because of his secret profession, he is unable to admit his feelings for her and show his true self. Instead, he must continue to present himself as a frivolous fop to both London society and the woman of his dreams. As a young girl, Emily had a private crush on Michael, who had been her brother Colin's handsome and dashing friend. Yet upon Michael's return to London after attending university, she is unable to abide his insufferable presence. To make matters worse, he insists on being everywhere she is--including her family's country home when they go on summer holiday. During their time in the countryside, however, Emily starts to see a new side of Michael. She also has to fight her growing attraction to him, leaving her to wonder how she could be falling in love with a man she can barely tolerate.

Kathy’s Review: I think I liked the first book a little more, but this was still an enjoyable read. It’s lighthearted and fun, the mystery was a little obvious and could have been built up a little more. The twist was kind of out of the blue, and I didn’t think it was explained that well. At least I would have liked a little more explanation. I liked Emily’s character as well at Michael. Michael reminded me a bit of The Scarlet Pimpernel, although I’m still not sure why he needed to act like that for his disguise. I liked that Emily spoke her mind and didn’t necessarily conform to the rules of society. I thought they had good chemistry and it was fun reading their story.


Bookworm Rating: 3.5

Reading Order:
Book One: A Brilliant Deception
Book Two: A Clever Disguise
Book Three: A Daring Return

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!