Wednesday, April 26, 2017

A Lady of Esteem by Kristi Ann Hunter

A Lady of Esteem (Hawthorne House, #0.5)A Lady of Esteem by Kristi Ann Hunter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Charming!

I really enjoyed this one. I was hooked from the start, Amelia is such a fun heroine and finds herself in embarrassing situations and making endearing faux pas. The former Raeburn Rake, Lord Anthony is captivated by her, and their interactions are so fun. Amelia feels more comfortable with the servants than she does with the ton, and I enjoyed her relationship with them and thought they played a fun role in the story. Anthony was a likable character, I liked that his transformation from was refreshing. It seems so many times in regencies the guy only changes after meeting the heroine (and I have a hard time believing they've actually changed). I liked in this case, he had changed on his own and had been reformed for a few years.

This is a novella and pretty lighthearted, I felt the end wrapped up a tad quickly and would have liked another chapter or two to wrap things up. But overall, was very satisfied with the story and of course loved the characters. A fun regency and one I'd will definitely read again.

Content
Romance: Clean
Language: None
Violence: None
Religious: Mild
Series: Hawthorn House, Prequel book

Source: Purchased

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!