Sunday, April 9, 2017

An Elegant Facade by Kristi Ann Hunter

An Elegant Façade (Hawthorne House, #2)An Elegant Façade by Kristi Ann Hunter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this one, I only wish I had read it right after finishing A Noble Masquerade. While this one could probably stand on its own, the story actually overlaps with the first book. The first half or so of An Elegant Façade actually takes place during Noble Masquerade, only told from the POV of Georgiana and Colin. It was definitely fun seeing things unfold from their points of view and was handled very well. It still felt like its own story entirely, but I would still suggest reading the books in order.

Georgiana was a very interesting character, I can see why she may rub some people the wrong way. She is very calculating and can come across cold. She is really just hiding being fear and insecurities and has convinced herself that she has to marry this season or her secret will come out. She's put an extreme amount of pressure on herself. She can only marry a titled gentleman who has good standing in society. Her brothers interfering friend, Colin McCrae, has no title and therefore no standing in society. But they are continually crossing paths and the more they are together the more Georgiana's façade starts to crumble.

I loved the character development of Georgiana. It's actually refreshing to read a regency heroine who isn't practically perfect in every way. She's pretty close on the outside, but struggles with real insecurities. Colin was a great hero, I loved his POV and how he treats Georgiana. He really stole the book and you'll want to keep reading for him, even if Georgiana rubs you the wrong way. Ha! I also enjoyed Colin's backstory and thought it added a lot to his character and the overall story. I especially love the times when their together, those are my favorite parts.

Overall, this was a charming regency. Really kept me engaged and wanting to see how things would unfold. I actually enjoyed how it overlapped with the first book, it was fun seeing those characters from a different perspective, but also loved when they faded and the book become more its own. I did wish to see the aftermath of when Georgiana reveals her secret to her family, we get to see some, but there was so much build up to it I would have loved to see more of how they handled everything. Anyway, I really enjoyed this and I'm looking forward to reading the next one! Great series.

Content
Romance: Clean
Language: None
Violence: None
Series: Hawthorne House, Book Two

Source: Review copy




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!