Friday, April 14, 2017

First Line Friday


Welcome to First Line Friday! This fun meme is easy to do, simply pick up the book you're currently reading and share the very first line! There are some really good first lines out there, they grab you and suck you right into the story.

A Stranger at Fellsworth by Sarah E Ladd
Regency Romance
Release Date: May 16, 2017

"She shouldn't be listening. It was not polite to eavesdrop."

**********************************************************************************

A Stranger at Fellsworth (Treasures of Surrey, #3)A Stranger at Fellsworth by Sarah E. Ladd
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this one.

This may be the third book in the Treasures of Surrey trilogy, but it stood very well on its own. I haven't read the first two books yet, but didn't feel lost or anything. I enjoyed this one so much I do want to go back and read the previous books.

I enjoyed the unique regency storyline and setting. Annabelle is not your typical regency heroine and when faced with an unwanted marriage, she runs away to her estranged Uncle in Fellsworth. He runs a boarding school for underprivileged children and offers Annabelle a safe place to stay as well as a teaching position at the school. Annabelle is having to take care of herself for the first time in her life, thrown completely out of her comfort zone she feels a bit lost. Owen Locke is the local gamekeeper and is still getting over the loss of his wife. He is drawn to Annabelle and finds himself wanting to get to know her better. I thought Annabelle and Owen had a sweet courtship and sweet romance.

I enjoyed the storytelling and light suspense of the novel. The setting was fun, haven't read much about boarding schools during the regency time, but think it adds a nice atmosphere for a story. I thought it was well written and the characters were unique and had their own voice. I'd recommend to fans of Julie Klassen.

Content
Romance: Mild, clean. Chaste kisses
Language: None
Violence: Mild. Talk of murder - nothing overly detailed. Mild fighting.
Religious: Mild

Source: Netgalley



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!