Saturday, December 9, 2017

Author's Corner

Welcome to Author's Corner hosted by Bookworm NationKatie's Clean Book Collection and KJ's Book Nook! Once a month we will feature either a favorite author or new to us author. We will share the author's bio, one of our favorite books of theirs and a review. Each of us will be featuring a different author each month so there will also be links to each of our posts.

For this month's Author's Corner I am going to choose...


Tamara Leigh holds a Masters Degree in Speech and Language Pathology. In 1993, she signed a 4-book contract with Bantam Books. Her first medieval romance, Warrior Bride, was released in 1994. Continuing to write for the general market, three more novels were published with HarperCollins and Dorchester and earned awards and spots on national bestseller lists.


When not in the middle of being a wife, mother, and cookbook fiend, Tamara buries her nose in a good book—and her writer’s pen in ink. In 2012, she returned to the historical romance genre with Dreamspell, a medieval time travel romance. Shortly thereafter, she once more invited readers to join her in the middle ages with the Age of Faith series that includes The Unveiling, The Yielding, The Redeeming, The Kindling, and The Longing. Lady at Arms and Lady Of Eve, the 1994 Bantam Books bestsellers originally titled Warrior Bride and Virgin Bride, are the first of her early medieval romances to be rewritten as “clean reads.” Baron Of Godsmere, the first book in her new series, The Feud, will be available Winter 2014/2015.

Tamara lives near Nashville, Tennessee with her husband, sons, and a Doberman that bares its teeth not only to threaten the UPS man but to smile.

*******************************************************************************

If I remember right, I came across Ms. Leigh's books when I saw my friend Tara review one on Goodreads. They totally sounded like something I would enjoy and Tara offered to loan me a few to try out.  The first book I read of hers was called The Unveiling, the first book in her Age of Faith series. I was immediately impressed with her writing style, and her ability to write a medieval historical without sounding like a history book. She's able to really transport you back to the time period, where you feel like you're right there along side the characters. The storylines and characters are always complex and the romance always swoony! She's easily my favorite medieval author, I download them on release day and devour them soon after. 

My favorite of hers is probably Lady at Arms. I remember my friend Tara lent me a few of Ms. Leighs books, but after reading them I had to buy copies for myself. They're ones I'll want to read over and over again. 


*******************************************************************************

Which authors do you love? Who are some of your favorites?


Be sure to check out 


KJ's Book Nook


to see their author picks for December!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!