Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Tradition Tuesday


We are so excited for our first annual 
Have Yourself a Very Swoony Christmas event,


Traditions are what really make the holidays memorable!
Each Tuesday we will be posting about some of our
favorite Christmas traditions.

Kathy will be posting about one of her family's
favorite traditions for Week 3.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hmm, this was a hard one for me.  My husband's family always gets together Christmas Eve at his Grandma Donna's house. I've actually loved this tradition and I'm sad every year when we have to miss it. The whole extended family comes together, the younger kids put on a performance of the Nativity story and then a talent show of sorts where anyone can get up and play Christmas music, recite poetry, or whatever their talent may be. It's always a lot of fun. Then Christmas morning my mother--in-law makes an amazing Christmas breakfast!

My side of the family doesn't really do to much. We always get together Christmas afternoon/evening for dinner and gift exchange. Then we just hang out and watch movies, play games or just talk. I actually really enjoy just relaxing with my family.

But, I would really love to start a new tradition for my kids. I would love to get them a children's Christmas book each Christmas Eve, so they can eventually have a nice collection of Christmas books. Oh, and I always get them new pajamas for Christmas Eve as well. And I think this year, I'll start doing the Christmas breakfast and really go all out.  Those are pretty new traditions though, but I look forward to them really becoming a part of my kids Christmas memories.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!