Thursday, September 18, 2008

Leven Thumps and the Gateway to Foo by Obert Skye

Fourteen-year-old Leven Thumps lives a wretched life in Burnt Culvert, Oklahoma. But his life is about to change and his destiny be fulfilled as he learns about a secret gateway that bridges two worlds—the real world and Foo, a place created at the beginning of time in the folds of the mind that makes it possible for mankind to dream and hope, aspire and imagine. But Foo is in chaos, and three transplants from that dream-world have been sent to retrieve Leven, who alone has the power to save Foo. Enter Clover, a wise-cracking, fuzzy, foot-high sidekick; Winter, a girl with spectacular gift of her own; and Geth, the exiled but rightful ruler of Foo. Their mission: to convince Leven Thumps that he has the power to save Foo and help him reach the hidden gateway and destroy it before it is too late.

Well, I don’t think I will ever be able to look at a toothpick in the same way again! You’ll understand what I mean when you read this book. I really enjoyed this story, it had an original story idea and the writing was well done and easy to follow. I loved the characters, especially little Clover. I wish I had a Clover! He sounds so cute and has a fun personality. Leven was a good mix of brave and humble. I enjoyed his relationship with the other characters and how he relied on them to help him and wouldn’t have been able to succeed without each other. The story ends in a good place, but there is still plenty of adventure to be had. I already have the next book on hold at the library and I’m excited to read it. I would recommend this book to anyone! It’s not like Harry Potter, but if you like Harry Potter then you would probably like this story.
Reviewed by: Kathy
Description from book cover

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!