Sunday, March 22, 2009

Rumors by Anna Godbersen

“As rumors fly about the untimely demise of new York’s brightest star, Elizabeth Holland, all eyes are on those closest to the dearly departed: her sister, Diana, the family’s only hope for redemption; Henry Schoonmaker, the flame Elizabeth never extinguished; Penelope Hayes, poised to claim all that her best friend left behind; even Elizabeth’s former maid, Lina Broud, who discovers that while money matters and breeding counts, gossip is the new currency.”

I enjoyed this book as much as the first. It is a definite page-turner, and I actually grew to like some of the characters a lot more than I had in the first book. Having read reviews of all three books I kind of had an idea of what was going to happen, but it was still fun to read and see how everything plays out. I’m now a fan of Diana & Henry and hope that somehow things can work out for them. Penelope is still awful! I almost feel sorry for her, she probably could have anyone she wants, but don’t you want someone that actually wants you back? As for Lina, wow! I just don’t like that girl and its sad to see how far she has fallen (although in her mind she seems to be rising). I hope that she learns some lessons and that “what goes around comes around.” And last but not least, Elizabeth. For some reason she is still kind of a mystery to me. I don’t really feel one way or the other. Her character is suppose to be so loved and likable, but she does nothing for me. The ending has left me wondering what is going to happen with Elizabeth, I’m hoping she gets some personality and is a little more fun to read about.

Book One: The Luxe
Book Two: Rumors
Book Three: Envy
Book Four: Splendor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!