Friday, March 27, 2009

Putting People in Your Paintings by Laurel Hart

"No other book provides such clear instruction for putting people into paintings. A lot of books teach artists how to draw portraits or figures, but this book takes that concept one step further, showing readers how to put those people into realistic scenes. It’s never been easier to capture the essence of people, with: 11 step-by-step watercolor demonstrations, featuring interiors, landscapes, cityscapes and more. Inspirational quotes to keep artists motivated and encourage them to put people they care about into their paintings. A look at all the basics: shapes, values, composition, color and watercolor techniques."

I am not an artist, but I still love this book. Laurel is an amazing painter, and I even have some of her artwork in my home. This is a great book and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys painting, or just to look at the pictures. To view more of her work visit her website at www.laureljhart.com or her blog at www.laurelhart.blogspot.com. Below are just a few of her paintings that I just love.
Chateau D'If , France

Copenhagen, Denmark

Carmel Mission , California

"Red Door"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!