Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan

"All year the half-bloods have been preparing for battle against the Titans, knowing the odds of victory are grim. Kronos's army is stronger than ever, and with every god and half-blood he recruits, the evil Titan's power only grows. While the Olympians struggle to contain the rampaging monster Typhon, Kronos begins his advance on New York City, where Mount Olympus stands virtually unguarded. Now it's up to Percy Jackson and an army of young demigods to stop the Lord of Time." -GoodReads

This is the last book in the Percy Jackson & the Olympian saga, and definitely one of the best. Rick Riordan is a very consistent author. The characters grow and face new challenges in each book and yet they remain the same loveable characters that we met in The Lightning Thief. Percy is a great hero and he faces each new obstacle with unwavering bravery. Along for the ride are his two closest friends Annabeth and Grover. Different characters and events from the four previous books are cleverly woven into the story and reminded me of how much I enjoyed this entire series. It was sad to have it come to the end but I felt hopeful reading the Acknowledgment page at the end of the book where Riordan says, “As the first Camp Half-blood series draws to a close…”, which makes me think there will be another series down the road. Hopefully we will be reunited with Percy, Annabeth and some of our other favorite characters along the way. Definitely a fun and entertaining series for both the young and young at heart.

Book One: The Lightning Thief
Book Two: The Sea of Monsters
Book Three: The Titan's Curse
Book Five: The Last Olympian

2 comments:

  1. I really love these books. I'm sad that I didn't realize it was coming out. Now I'm 389 on the wait list at the library.

    Can I recommend A Posse of Princesses my Sherwood Smith? And on a different note The Actor and the Housewife by Shannon Hale. I just really want to hear what someone else thinks about these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually wanted to read Posse of Princesses, they dont have it at my library so I may have to break down and buy it. I'm on the waitlist for Actor and Housewife, I'll let you know how I like it, I've heard pretty good things so far...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!