Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Love Beyond Time by Nancy Campbell Allen

Genre: Fiction

Author Site: www.ncallen.blogspot.com

First Line: “The tension was thick in the small office.”

One Word Review: Enjoyable

Book Synopsis: “Amber Saxton is a bright young LDS doctor on the cutting edge of twenty-first century medicine. But when she has a head-on collision with a swinging door, life as she knows it is suddenly reduced to a heart full of searing memories when she awakens in another time and place. How can she practice modern medicine on a Civil War battlefield—and how can she get out of this mess? Shoe longs for her comfortable apartment and her dear little Primary class, but she’s trapped in a world that is not her own. And its anything but friendly. Meanwhile, Tyler Montgomery, an overworked accountant, is spending the night at his computer when two of his worst nightmares walk through his office door. The last thin he remembers is a blow from the butt of their sawed-off shotgun—until he comes to in a tiny room adjacent to a nineteenth-century Army hospital.”

My Review:

Although I have a rather large stack of library books (32) to read, I kept hearing Tyler and Amber calling to me and I decided to skip the library books and go for a familiar favorite. This is the kind of book that sucks you in right from the start. Under normal circumstances Amber and Tyler would probably never meet. They are both workaholics and it takes a little time travel for them to finally get together. I like the struggles Amber has to go through as a doctor. I can only imagine how awful it would be to be thrown into the horrible medical conditions of the Civil War; it would probably drive me crazy. Amber handles it well and does the best she can to save and teach those around her. Tyler is a natural leader, the troops are drawn to him and he commands their respect. Although Tyler has had a hard past this experience is able to help him get closure and ultimately peace. I like the relationship between Amber and Tyler; it was fun to glimpse a part of their story. Great book, well researched and very entertaining.

Reading Order:

Book One: Love Beyond Time
Book Two: No Time for Love
Book Three: A Time for the Heart
Book Four: Echoes

3 comments:

  1. Wow. This sounds so good. I hadn't heard of this until I read your review but I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for it now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!