Monday, August 24, 2009

Perfect You by Elizabeth Scott

Genre: YA-Fiction

Author Site: www.elizabethwrites.com

First Line: “Vitamins had ruined my life.”

One Word Review: ??

Summary: “Her father has quit his job to sell vitamins at the mall, and Kate is forced to work with him. Her best friend has become popular, and now she acts like Kate's invisible. And then there's Will. Gorgeous, unattainable Will, whom Kate acts like she can't stand even though she can't stop thinking about him. When Will starts acting interested, Kate hates herself for wanting him when she's sure she's just his latest conquest. Kate figures that the only way things will ever stop hurting so much is if she keeps to herself and stops caring about anyone or anything. What she doesn't realize is that while life may not always be perfect, good things can happen - but only if she lets them....” -GoodReads

My Review: Okay, so Janette Rallison has probably ruined me for TeenLit. I guess I got use to her fun style, romantic storylines, great dialogue and loveable characters. So, needless to say, I was disappointed in this book. This sounded like an interesting premise, but ended up being pretty boring and repetitive. I never really got around to liking Kate. She complained the WHOLE time and was always feeling sorry for herself. She was upset about losing her best friend, Anna, which I can understand. I was hoping about half-way through she would get some self-respect and realize that Anna’s a huge jerk that doesn’t deserve her friendship. All her family drama got old pretty quick and the only interesting parts were with her and Will. Will is the school “player”, changing girls as often as he changes socks. Kate secretly has a crush on him but is constantly mean to him and somehow that doesn’t scare him off. Maybe he likes the thrill of the chase. Their chemistry was good (although, the more I think about it, the more I wonder what he sees in her?). I liked their storyline and it was only because of Will that I kept reading. I’ve read a few other reviews where they loved the book, so maybe it’s just me?

Other Reviews:
Becky’s Reviews
Em’s Bookshelf

Teen Book Review

3 comments:

  1. That review has convinced me I must read some Janette Rallison immediately. Off to look it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janssen-I recommend Just One Wish, My Fair Godmother or How to Take the Ex Out of Ex-Boyfriend...those are my top 3 favorites of hers. Course, I enjoyed all the others I read as well. I'll keep my eyes open for your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that sucks that you didn't like it. I doubt I will too. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!