Thursday, August 20, 2009

Revenge of the Cheerleaders by Janette Rallison

Genre: YA-Fiction

Author Site: www.janetterallison.com

First Line: “My wings and halo were too large.”

One Word Review: Entertaining

Summary: “Chelsea’s school year has taken a turn for the worse. After being dumped by her boyfriend and humiliated at the pep assembly by her younger sister’s boyfriend, Rick, she’s just concentrating on avoiding any other major embarrassments. That’s when Rick and his band debut their new album, complete with a whole set of songs bashing cheerleaders. Chelsea’s humiliation has reached a whole new level now that everyone is walking down the halls singing the words to “Dangerously Blonde.” It’s time to make Rick pay. All he wants is to win the High School Idol audition, so he can be on his way to rock star fame and fortune. But with the help of her best friends, Aubrie and Samantha, Chelsea is going to steal his victory right out from under him.” -GoodReads

My Review: Okay, can you tell my shipment of Rallison novels came in at my library? Before I write my review I should mention that this is actually a companion novel to “All’s Fair in Love, War, and High School.” I actually didn’t realize this until I had finished the book (even though it clearly says it on the cover). I don’t think you have to read them in order though; I was able to follow along and thought it was a good stand-alone novel. I just found out that AFILWAHS features Samantha, which I’m excited about because I really liked her in this book.

Anyway, back to Revenge of the Cheerleaders. This was again a fun book. For some reason “fun” always comes to mind when I’m reading a Rallison book. She writes good clean stories with lots of humor and heart. There is enough depth to them to keep me entertained, and plenty of funny romantic misunderstandings. Chelsea appears to have everything going for her. She’s pretty, popular and a cheerleader. Under all of that though she’s just like the rest of us, with self doubts, getting dumped and making mistakes. I really liked her character and enjoyed reading her story. I enjoyed the relationship between Chelsea and her sister Adrian, and in a way the story is more about their relationship than anything else. A cute story, with a fun lesson and a little romance thrown in the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!