Saturday, December 12, 2009

The ABC's of Kissing Boys by Tina Ferraro

Genre: YA Fiction

Publication Date: January 2009

Author Website: www.tinaferraro.com

One Word Review: Cute

First Line: “You’re late.”

Synopsis: Parker Stanhope has played soccer practically since she could walk. And now that she’s a high school junior, everything she’s worked for is finally coming together. She’s paid her dues on the field, and as an upperclassman, she’s a shoo-in for the varsity team. But that’s not what happens. This year, Coach Hartley moved up every JV player but two—and one of those two was Parker. Now, she’s stuck with the freshmen, her friends are cutting her loose, and her love of the game is seriously beginning to fail. But Parker is determined to get her life back. She has to get on the varsity team, and she has the perfect plan. All she needs now is the right kind of coach. A kissing coach. --GoodReads

Kathy’s Review: I’ve wanted to read this one for awhile now. I’ve enjoyed Ferraro’s other novels and thought this one had a cute storyline. I didn’t think a lot of the scenario’s were that realistic, but that’s the great thing about fiction. Parker was a nice character, she didn’t come across as either too popular or too nerdy, just a good balance of both. She learns some good lessons (not just kissing) along the way and the story ended up being really cute. The kissing stuff was pretty strong at the beginning and died off about half-way through, hate to admit it, but I would have liked a little more in the “tutoring” department. This brings me to my one complaint, the fact that her tutor was a freshman and she was a junior, I have a HARD time buying into that one, but I understand the reasoning for the plot. The chemistry between Parker and her “teacher” was cute, and even though he is younger he really didn’t come across that way. Overall, a cute, light read. Now, with all this talk of kissing I better go find my husband. =)

1 comment:

  1. I thought it was cute but predictable. Perfect if you don't want to think too hard.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!