Monday, March 8, 2010

Stuck In The Middle by Virginia Smith

Genre: Christian Lit

Publication Date: February 2008

One Word Review: Okay

Author Website: www.virginiasmith.org

First Line: “Brrring. Brrring.”

Synopsis: Joan Sanderson’s life is stuck. Her older sister, Allie, is starting a family and her younger sister, Tori, has a budding career. Meanwhile, Joan is living at home with Mom and looking after her aging grandmother. Not exactly a recipe for excitement. That is, until a hunky young doctor moves in next door. Suddenly Joan has a goal—to get a date. But it won’t be easy. Pretty Tori flirts relentlessly with him and Joan is sure that she can’t compete. But with a little help from God, Allie, and an enormous mutt with bad manners, maybe Joan can find her way out of this rut.

Kathy’s Review: Hmm, this one was just okay for me. There were some parts that were good and even had been laughing, but overall it was kind of…boring. The more I got to know Ken the less I liked him (which, I’m sure wasn’t supposed to happen), he just came across as really judgmental to me. Joan was okay; I liked her and was glad she was able to find some peace in her life. So, the romance fell a little flat as well as the story. I liked Allie and Tori and how all three sisters interacted together, especially the parts where Tori and Joan were both going after Ken. I ended up skimming the last 100 pages or so, and don’t think I will be reading the rest of the series.


Reading Order:
Book One: Stuck in the Middle
Book Two: Age Before Beauty
Book Three: Third Times A Charm

Bookworm Rating: 2.5

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!