Friday, May 14, 2010

The Lovin' Kind by Nancy J Parra

Genre: Historical Romance

Publication Date: April 2006

One Word Review: Cute

Author Website: www.nancyjparra.com

First Line: “It was the most humiliating day of Beth Morgan’s life.”

GoodReads Synopsis: Beth Morgan has never met a man she couldn't love. All her life the Wisconsin beauty has been happily surrounded by beaus. It isn't until she starts down the aisle that she realizes it's the attention she loves and not the actual men. So, Beth does what any self respecting socialite would do. She turns on her heel and runs. Quaid Blair hunts down the runaway bride, drags the spoiled willful girl home, dumping her ruined wedding dress and all in her father's study. She has to get out of town now, even if it means going all the way to Wyoming with none other than Quaid Blair. Quaid agrees to take the spoiled vixen to her brother in Wyoming. He figures it will take one maybe two days on the trail before Beth Morgan caves to the hardship of pioneering and demands to be taken back home. The trip becomes a battle of wills and Quaid learns there is more grit to this stubborn woman than he first thought. Admiration turns to love, but once back in civilization, will this fickle woman go back to gathering beaus? Beth comes to understand the difference between infatuation and true love. But Quaid has seen her at her worst. How could any man forget the spoiled girl she once was?

Kathy’s Review: I actually think I liked this one more than The Bettin’ Kind, which is saying a lot since I really enjoyed The Bettin’ Kind. I guess I just really liked Beth and Quaid. Beth is so stubborn, she totally reminded me of me. I have a pretty strong stubborn streak and could totally see myself in Beth’s shoes, although I think she probably handled things a lot better than I would have. Quaid was just great, I liked that he tried to get under Beth’s skin, but was also really protective of her and deep down really cared about her. The setting was a lot of fun as well and the different struggles they have to go through. The romance is sweet and grows stronger throughout the story; I was enjoying myself so much I didn’t want the story to end. I do wish it would have been a little longer, but again its probably just because I liked the characters so much. I look forward to reading more of Nancy’s books!

Bookworm Rating: 4.5

Morgan Sister Romance:
Book One: The Marryin’ Kind
Book Two: The Bettin’ Kind
Book Three: The Lovin’ Kind

Morgan Brothers Romance:
Book One: Wyoming Wedding
Book Two: A Wanted Man
Book Three: Loving Lana
Book Four: Saving Samantha

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!