Thursday, October 28, 2010

Freefall by Traci Hunter Abramson

Genre: Action-Romance

Publication Date: February 2008

One Word Review: Enjoyable

Author Website: http://www.tracihunterabramson.com/


First Line: “My father is going to kill me, Amy Whitmore thought to herself.”


GoodReads Synopsis: Lieutenant Brent Miller arrived in the Middle East with one objective--get seven hostages out of a hostile country. The plan almost worked. But now he has been left behind--with one of the hostages. It's up to Brent to get Amy Whitmore, a US Senator's daughter, across miles of desert to safety. What he doesn't know is that to survive, he needs her as much as she needs him.

Kathy’s Review: I’ve seen these books popping up here and there and finally decided to read them. I thought this was the first, but I guess It’s actually Abramson’s fourth book (I think it’s the first in this series though?). Overall, I enjoyed the story. There is plenty of action and romance. I liked Amy’s character, she is sharp, understanding and knows how to take care of herself. There were a few times that I thought she sounded too good to be true. For example, there are about 17 terrorists that kidnap her, when she is rescued she is able to draw most if not all their sketches (not only does she remember them but she draws them herself). Eye witness testimony is so unreliable anyway, and for her to remember so many different faces under those circumstances seemed a little too farfetched for me. But, it’s a fiction novel, so who cares, right? Anyway, I thought Brent was okay. He didn’t come across as tough as I would have liked, but I did like his character. They had good chemistry together and I thought their story evolved well. I enjoyed the story and plan on reading the rest of the series.

I think the cover is a little misleading, the White House isn't in the story at all but is the main featuer on the cover...just an observation.



Bookworm Rating: 3.5



Saint Squad Series:
Book One: Freefall
Book Two: Lockdown
Book Three: Crossfire
Book Four: Backlash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!