Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Under Currents by Traci Hunter Abramson

Genre: Action, Romance

Publication Date: March 2004

One Word Review: Good

Author Website: www.tracihunterabramson.com

GoodReads Synopsis
: Shaye Kendall, an Olympic-bound swimmer, has been in the witness protection program ever since she witnessed her boyfriend's murder. She now has a new name, a new life, and strict orders not to reveal her secret. But fitting into a community is hard when you can't tell people anything about yourself. She doesn't dare get involved with her new friend Matt Whitmore. The fact that Matt's father is a high-profile senator could give her the kind of exposure she doesn't need. How can you fall in love when you can never reveal who you really are? But when someone almost takes her life, Shaye recognizes that whoever is after her knows exactly who and where she is. Can she trust Matt to help her? Can she trust his family?

Kathy’s Review: I didn’t realize when I started this book that it was the first in a trilogy. I knew it was part of a series, but thought it was a stand-alone type book. I think it would have made a bit of a difference if I had known that going in. I really enjoyed the story and plot. I liked the idea of our main character going into the Witness Protection Program and what that kind of life would be like. Although the situation was serious, it was fun going along for the ride with Shaye. I liked Shaye and Matt. My only complaint is that she fell for Matt a little too soon after everything that had happened with her Ex. The book ends without any real closure, but luckily I already had the second book on hand and was able to dive in to that one. I think it’s a fun book and would recommend to anyone who likes a little adventure with their romance.

Bookworm Rating: 4

Reading Order:
Book One: Under Currents
Book Two: Ripple Effect
Book Three: Deep End

1 comment:

  1. This whole trilogy is fantastic. I haven't read something by her that I haven't liked.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!