Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Pirate Ruse by Marcia L McClure

Genre: Historical Fiction-Romance
Publication Date: October 2010
One Word Review: Great
Author Website: www.marcialynnmcclure.com

Kathy’s Review
: This is my favorite McClure book! I love a good pirate story and thought she did a great job creating a realistic storyline with very likable characters. I admit, sometimes I find her books a little cheesy with too much focus on romance on not enough on plot. That wasn’t the case here, there was a good back story and while there was still a great romance there was a lot of other things going on as well. I really liked Cristabel, she stood up for herself and didn't fall for the charms of the very handsome pirate Navarrone, at least not right away. Navarrone was a great character as well and their relationship moved at a believable pace. I had a hard time putting the book down; I thoroughly enjoyed it and will definitely be re-reading it. If you haven't read a McClure book before, I would recommend starting with this one.

Bookworm Rating: 5, PG

Similar Reads:
The Guise of a Gentleman by Donna Hatch
To Catch a Pirate by Jade Parker
The Pirate and the Puritan by Mary Clayton
Beauvallet by Georgette Heyer

1 comment:

  1. I am reading this right now! Glad to know that you liked it! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!