Friday, September 9, 2011

Torrent by Lisa T Bergren

GoodReads Synopsis: Gabi and Lia Betarrini have learned to control their time travel, and they return from medieval Italy to save their father from his tragic death in modern times. But love calls across the centuries, and the girls are determined to return forever—even though they know the Black Plague is advancing across Europe, claiming the lives of one-third of the population.

Kathy’s Review: Have I mentioned how much I love this series? It is so good. I can’t remember the last time I read a series where each book was equally awesome. I love all the characters in this book. Gabi is a great leading lady and you can see why everyone around her loves her as well. Marcello is dreamy and you can’t help but love him. Luca and Lia are also amazing and I hope that we get another trilogy with their story. There is once again a lot of adventure in this story, Bergren weaves the historical elements in so nicely that you hardly realize your learning something as you’re reading. While the story takes place in 1344 Italy, you don’t really feel like you’re reading a historical novel. Bergren really brings everything to life. The plot is great and executed well, you have to keep reading to find out what is going to happen and how Gabi is every going to get out of the trouble she finds herself in. There is even a bit of a love triangle in this one, which added a lot to the story.

The series is awesome and keeps you reading; you love the characters and setting and any series that is this good deserves five stars. My only complaint is that I wanted a tiny bit more at the end, and epilog or something. I wanted to know what happened with certain characters. I also wanted to see more of Lia and Luca in the story, they both were awesome in book two and I missed seeing them in this book. I really do hope that Bergren writes a series about them.

If you haven’t read these books…DO IT. It’s such a fun series that anyone would enjoy.


Bookworm Rating: 5


Genre: Historical Fiction, Romance
Publication Date: September 2011
One Word Review: Excellent
Author Website: www.lisatawnbergren.com


Reading Order:
Book One: Waterfall
Book Two: Cascade
Book Three: Torrent

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I gave you a blog award.

    Come check it out at www.gamilareview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!