Friday, July 26, 2013

Emma: A Latter-day Tale by Rebecca Jamison


Emma's her name and matchmaking is her game! Quirky life coach Emma wants to help her first-ever client, a lonely nanny named Harriet. But all of her attempts at matchmaking result only in embarrassing miscues and blunders, leaving the pair disheartened and confused. This modern take on the Jane Austen classic shows that sometimes the greatest match is the one we make for ourselves.
I thought this was a fun retelling of Jane Austen’s Emma. It sticks pretty closely to the format of the original, but does do its own thing. Especially towards the end. I liked when it changed things up a bit and became more unique. I think I liked Emma more in the original version, but she was still okay in this one and you still root for her to figure things out. I didn’t feel as much chemistry between her and Justin, but I still liked their relationship. Overall, it was a fun romantic comedy and would recommend to any Austen fans or for anyone that enjoys that genre. Content: Clean, G.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!