Monday, April 28, 2014

Prejudice Meets Pride by Rachael Anderson

After years of pinching pennies and struggling to get through art school, Emma Makie’s hard work finally pays off with the offer of a dream job. But when tragedy strikes, she has no choice but to make a cross-country move to Colorado Springs to take temporary custody of her two nieces. She has no money, no job prospects, and no idea how to be a mother to two little girls, but she isn’t about to let that stop her. Nor is she about to accept the help of Kevin Grantham, her handsome neighbor, who seems to think she’s incapable of doing anything on her own. Prejudice Meets Pride is the story of a guy who thinks he has it all figured out and a girl who isn't afraid to show him that he doesn't. It’s about learning what it means to trust, figuring out how to give and to take, and realizing that not everyone gets to pick the person they fall in love with. Sometimes, love picks them.
I am a huge Rachael Anderson fan, I seriously love her books. So, when I got Prejudice Meets Pride I told myself to take my time and maybe spread it out for the weekend. Nope, once I started reading I got sucked into the story like I always do and I couldn’t put it down. I guess I’ll just have to re-read it.

Emma is a really likable heroine. She really steps-up when she needs to and would do anything for those she cares about. She has a big heart, lots of talent and she can be a bit stubborn. Kevin was awesome, I really liked him. He was maybe a bit judgy at first, but he is such a sweetheart. Together Emma and Kevin really bring out the best in each other. They kind of balance out each other’s weaknesses and draw out their good qualities. They are better together than they are apart. I thought they had great chemistry, they had a bumpy start, but I liked how they are drawn to each other. They seemed very real to me, I especially liked learning about Emma and her life. She is a gifted artist and would love for her to come paint my kids rooms!

I really enjoyed the story; Emma has to move to a new town with her two nieces. Things are tights and she is under a lot of stress. I like her strong work ethic and positive outlook. Noah is doing well professionally and is happy with life. Or at least he thinks he is until Emma bursts into his life and shakes things up. I thought this story was a lot of fun; I loved the setting and side characters. I was so excited when I got to the end to see there will be two more books in the series. I can’t wait to read about Noah, he really deserves his own happiness. And Sam will be fun to read to, I love cowboy stories so I already know I will love that one.

If you love contemporary romance this is a great heartwarming story. Love it!

Content: Clean

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!