Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Tess in Boots by Courtney Rice Gager

Tess in BootsTess in Boots by Courtney Rice Gager
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Do you ever get a feeling you're going to love a book before you even start? I sometimes get "book vibes" before I start a book just knowing I'm not going to want to put it down.

This is one of those books that you can't say much about without giving things away. I liked that as I was reading I didn't know what was going to happen. I had my ideas, but I had to fight to not jump ahead to make sure I was right. I love that in a book! I was easily sucked into the story and Tess, our heroine, was easy to like and root for. The book opens with Tess about to be proposed to, at least that's what she thinks is going to happen. Things don't go as planned and soon her well ordered life is turned upside down. I liked the journey her character goes through and how she is able to really take a look at her life and who she has become and who she wants to be. I also liked seeing her reconnect with her twin brother. I love reading about close sibling relationships, since it reminds me of my own brothers.

There is a bit of a love triangle, but its handled really well and uniquely. You're not really sure what will happen (and again I had a hard time NOT peaking to see how it would end) and it was fun to see how each relationship evolved. Is that vague enough?

Overall, a very engaging read. I will definitely read it again and look forward to seeing what Ms. Gager comes up with next! Go grab a copy...right now! Make it an early Christmas present, you won't regret it!

Content
Romance: Clean
Language: None that I remember
Religious: Very mild

Source: Amazon Kindle

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!