Wednesday, January 21, 2015

The Boardwalk Antique Shop by Julie Wright, Melanie Jacobson & Heather Moore

Tangerine Street is a must-see tourist stop with a colorful mix of one-of-a-kind boutiques, unique restaurants, eclectic museums, quaint bookstores, and renowned bed-and-breakfasts. The Boardwalk Antiques Shop is an exclusive shop where every antique has a story, and each story possesses the gift to match true love. The customer who buys an antique also buys its story and soon discovers that its story unites the past with the present, creating an unexpected romantic future… “Where Every Antique has a Story”


I love this new Tangerine Street series. The first book, The Fortune CafĂ© was really cute and I was looking forward to reading this book and I can’t wait to read more about some of the other shops along Tangerine Street. I wish it was a real place to visit.

Message in a Bottle This was a fun story. I know next to nothing about antiques, but I do love walking through antique shops and watching TV shows about them on occasion. I had an easy time picturing the Boardwalk Antique shop and would love to visit a shop where each item had a story. Jennifer inherited the shop from her aunt, an aunt she had grown estranged from over the years. It was sad that they had grown apart; if they had accepted each other they could have had a beautiful relationship. Anyway, I liked that Jennifer was really able to open her mind and take the time to figure out what she wanted out of life. The romance was sweet, a tiny love-triangle and I’m glad Jennifer made the right choice! I’m anti-pining away on unrequited love. Cute story and a great start to the anthology.

Solving for X For the most part I really liked this one. It was a cute story about two opposites finding each other. While I liked Abbie, she also drove me a little batty. For someone that is all about people being themselves she was really judgmental and immediately set about trying to change Holden. She acted like her way of living was the only real way to live. The thing is, her way of living would drive me nuts, but I have no problem with people that view life that way and live that way. She was endearing, fun, kind and a great person. However, for someone that was so guarded against people trying to change her she was pretty judgmental about everyone else. Part of being open-minded is truly accepting that people can be happy living life differently than you. She may not be happy in a corporate environment, but some people are. In this case Holden had maybe gotten in some bad habits and Abbie was able to help him loosen up, but that’s because he wanted to. That kind of change has to be natural for it to stick. I think if Abbie accepts Holden for who he is and doesn’t try and change him and vice versa, then they could have a great HEA. Maybe they’d be a good balance for each other. Overall, a cute story.

A Stitch in Time This was my favorite of the three. I love the relationship and tension between Henry and Cate. I think this would make a fun full-length novel, but it was a fun short story as well. Cate hurries home when she learns her favorite grandmother has passed away. The only thing she wants is an old sewing machine that her grandmother had promised her. Henry got there first though and bought it up as a gift for his mother. I thought they had a fun relationship and it was fun reading their story.

Overall, this was a fun anthology. Each story was fun and unique and I like how they are all brought together through the love of antiques. Cute!

Content: Clean

Source: Amazon Kindle

This has been nominated for a 2015 Swoony Award, you can vote for it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!