Friday, July 17, 2015

Fiction Spotlight of the Week : Favourite Fictional Consecutive Series Covers

'Fictitious Fridays' is a new weekly meme hosted by Aiysha at Mortal Moments. Each week a specific subject will be chosen for the spotlight for example: favourite fiction book, character, place, food and many more.

I had a hard time narrowing this one down. Like Aiysha, I've found myself staring at a book cover for way too long. And I agree, a cover plays a big role in the success of a book, IMO. Anyway, since Aiysha enjoys YA books the most I decided to do a YA post today. I think the covers for Jenni Jame's fairtale collection are just so beautiful. They really fit the mood for the stories, catch the eye and at least for me, make me want to grab the books up and devour them! Aren't they pretty!

8 comments:

  1. WOW! I've actually never come across these and they are actually BEAUTIFUL! I love them! :) I like the old, mystic and ancient feel to them and I think it reflects a lot on the stories as theses stories have been told for many years now. Great picks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think they are just so pretty! It's hard to pick a favorite, I love the Cinderella one. I've read a couple of the books so far, they're fun reimagining's of the fairytales.

      Delete
    2. The Cinderella one IS beautiful and I also love The Frog Prince one, it's a close second. In correspondence with last week's topic 'Favourite Fictional Princess (mine was Cinderella) I may give these a go...especially Cinderella! If the writing is and good as the covers...I'm sure I'll love them! Thanks for introducing me to them :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the shout out! I'm so fortunate to have such an incredible cover designer! She's the BEST in the world. This makes my heart happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! :) I seriously loved these covers, so beautiful!

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for the lovely compliments about my cover art for Jenni James' "Faerietale Collection". I'm extremely honored!
    I've had so much fun working on these pieces and look forward to the others upcoming in the series.

    Claudia
    Aka
    Phatpuppyart.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great stories and great (inspired) covers. Congratulations to you and Jenni for the much-deserved recognition!

      Delete
  4. What's inside of those covers is even better than the art work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!