Monday, January 25, 2016

Pimpernel by Sheralyn Pratt

PimpernelPimpernel by Sheralyn Pratt
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Loads of swoony fun!

It may have taken me a little while to get into this one, but then everything clicked and I couldn't put it down. Claire is a genius and has OCD, when she finds out her mentor and professor has been arrested she'll do anything she can to help clear his name. She doesn't understand quite how deep the waters run though.

I don't want to give anything away, so I'll have to keep this review on the shorter side. I ended up really liking Claire. I wasn't quite sure I could handle her POV at the beginning, but it was good to see things from her OCD perspective. I loved Jack and when we were in his POV. I also loved his team and how they were so loyal and worked so well together. I loved the two together, lots of tension and great chemistry.

The story was a lot of fun and moved along at a nice pace. There were a few surprises along the way and even though I wasn't quite sure how things would wrap up, I ended up being very happy. Everything is wrapped up nicely, but I sincerely hope this becomes a series, so much potential and so many characters I'd love to see again and especially see their HEAs.

Overall, a super fun read and one I'd easily recommend!

Content
Romance: Clean
Language: None
Violence: Mild

*This has been nominated for a 2016 Swoony Award, you can vote for it here.

Source: Received review copy in exchange for honest review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!