Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Falling Like Snowflakes by DeniseHunter

Falling Like Snowflakes (Summer Harbor #1)Falling Like Snowflakes by Denise Hunter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Is Summer Harbor a real place? If so, I totally need to visit there!

Eden and her son Micah are on the run when their car breaks down near Summer Harbor, with no other choice they're forced to stay. Desperate to get some money, Eden searches all over town to find a job and finally ends up at the Callahan Christmas tree farm. Beau Callahan is used to taking care of his family, especially after loosing both their parents. He runs the family business and has recently started dating his brother's best friend Paige. Even though things should be going well, things feel off with Paige and he hasn't been getting along too well with his brother. *a little dense* He is not expecting Eden or her young son to show up and shake up his world.

I thought this was a fun plot, I always enjoy these type stories for some reason. I liked Eden and enjoyed seeing her character grow throughout the story. I loved little Micah, I have a son his age and it was easy to feel Eden's protectiveness and love for her son. Beau was great, a little dense at time (in concerns to Paige), but a good guy. Really patient and sweet, especially once he really falls for Eden. Great chemistry and I liked how things worked out. I enjoyed the ending quite a bit, how it doesn't just wrap up when you expect it to, but we're able to get some nice closure and answers to everything.

Overall, I thought this was a great escape. I was lucky to be able to read most of it in one sitting which really allowed me to get lost in the story and characters. I love Summer Harbor and I'm so glad we get to return there and see Zac and Riley eventually get their HEA. Can't wait for their books.

Content
Romance: Clean, just kissing
Language: None
Violence: Mild. Some fighting, talk of murders, attempted kidnapping. Eden came from an abusive relationship- more emotional, but some physical
Religious: Very mild, felt true to characters and not preachy

Source: Review copy

View all my reviews

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!