Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Burning Glass by Kathryn Purdie

Burning Glass (Burning Glass, #1)Burning Glass by Kathryn Purdie
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5

So, I liked this one. I'm always drawn to these high fantasy stories and this one jumped out at me while I was at the bookstore the other day. I'd seen it around on Goodreads and thought I'd give it a try, even breaking my own rule of not starting a series unless *all* the books were out.

Sonya was an interesting character, I actually felt bad for her for a lot of the book. Her gift would be torture I think, especially since it takes her quite a while to learn how to deal with it. I was kind of hoping she would learn to control it earlier on. Anyway, it would totally suck to constantly be feeling everyone else's emotions all the time and it would be hard probably to separate your own feelings from the people you're currently around. Especially if you're around someone like Valko who seemed to know how to use that to his advantage.

I liked the overall story, but wasn't completely happy with the ending. I'm sure things will be addressed in the next book, but as it stands I think how things were handled would simply cause a lot of chaos. I thought the romance was just okay, I liked Anton. I thought Valko was an interesting character. There isn't really a love-triangle, but Sonya is definitely in the middle of an intense sibling rivalry.

Overall, it was a fun story and kept me reading.

Content
Romance: Clean, mild innuendo and kissing
Language: None
Violence: Mild, non-descriptive fighting
Religious: None

Source: Barnes & Noble

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!