Sunday, November 5, 2017

P.S. I Loathe You by Diane Darcy

P.S. I Loathe You (Regency Rendezvous Book 8)P.S. I Loathe You by Diane Darcy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5

I was quickly sucked into this one and couldn't put it down!

Elizabeth and Alexander suffer from an arranged betrothal. Since the day Elizabeth was born it was determined that they she would marry Alexander. One summer, as teens they have a falling out and Lizzie decides she wants out of the engagement. Over the years, they've stayed in contact via letters (I suspect started at the insistence of their parents), while Lizzie is set on ending the engagement, Alexander has fallen in love with Lizzie through her letters and plans on making her his wife. When they're finally reunited after ten years he's ready to take the next step, but Lizzie is not!

I really enjoyed the first half of the book quite a bit, and I did like the second half a lot as well. I consistently liked Alexander, but Lizzie I wanted to shake quite a few times. She really was a brat a few times and I think treated Alexander unfairly. I actually wanted to see her do some chasing. Alexander has the patience of a saint and he truly must have loved Lizzie to go through everything that he did. I did really enjoy the story and thought it was well written and entertaining. It is a standalone story, but part of the Regency Rendezvous series, which I plan on checking out. I did like Alexander's friend Drake and how eventually we'll get a book for him because I'd love to hear more of his story.

Overall, a fun and entertaining Regency. Fun plot, well developed characters and swoony romance!

Content
Romance: Clean
Language: None
Violence: Very mild
Religious: None
Series: Standalone, part of Regency Rendezvous

Source: Amazon Kindle

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!