Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Princess of the Sword by Lynn Kurland

“As the mercenary daughter of Gair, the black mage of Ceangail, Morgan is the only one who can stop the terrible sorcery her father unleashed. To do so, she must race against time and find the spell that will allow her to close the well of evil he opened. But that quest will lead her to places she never dreamed existed and into a darkness she would give anything to avoid. The fate of the kingdom of Neroche is intertwined with the closing of Gair’s well. Miach, the archmage of Neroche, is determined to help Morgan find what she needs, not only because the safety of the Nine Kingdoms hangs in the balance but also because he will do anything to protect her. Together they must search out the mysteries of Ceangail, and the dangers of Morgan’s own bloodline. Now to rescue the kingdom from total ruin, Morgan and Miach have only each other to trust, heart and soul.”

This is the final book in the Nine Kingdom trilogy, which follows the story of Mhorgain (Morgan) and Mochriadhemiach (Miach). I loved the first two books in the series, and was really looking forward to the release of this final book. When I finally got my hands on a copy I was reluctant to start, I actually put it off for a couple weeks because I didn’t want to story to end. Overall, I did enjoy this book, but not as much as the first two. At times it seemed it was a bit repetitive and dragged along. It was a book that I didn’t have a problem putting down, and at times I felt like I was forcing myself to finish. Also, when certain people died I didn’t feel like there was much grief, I thought that was sad and unrealistic. I liked how the story ended up and it was a nice conclusion to their story and things were tied up nicely. I think it’s a fun adult fantasy series and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good clean romance/adventure.



Book One: Star of the Morning
Book Two: Mage's Daughter
Book Three: Princess of the Sword

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!