Sunday, July 26, 2009

Two Moon Princess by Carmen Ferriro-Esteban

Genre: YA-Fantasy

Author Site: www.carmenferreiroesteban.com

First Line: “The arrow knows the way. Just let it free.”

One Word Review: Okay

Book Synopsis: “In this coming-of-age story set in a medieval kingdom, Andrea is a headstrong princess longing to be a knight who finds her way to modern-day California. But her accidental return to her family's kingdom and a disastrous romance brings war, along with her discovery of some dark family secrets.” -GoodReads

My Review:
For some reason I just couldn’t get into this one. I guess the idea of the story is good, a girl from one world finds a portal to modern day America. Her uncle lives in America and allows her to stay with him and experience our world. She falls for a guy and accidently brings him back to her world. Her return brings about a war with a neighboring country and she has to do everything in her power to try and stop it. I ended up skimming over the majority of the book; I read in a couple other reviews that it gets better halfway through so I kept pushing myself to that point. It did get better, but I still wasn’t that into it and ended up skimming over the second half as well. Andrea and her romantic lead left quite a bit to be desired; it felt a bit rushed and unrealistic. Overall it was just okay, maybe I just wasn’t in the mood for this kind of book and maybe another time I might enjoy it more?

Reading Order:
Book One: Two Moon Princess
Book Two: The King in the Stone

Other Reviews:
Teens Read To

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you struggled with this. I hate reading books like that ... when you're waiting and waiting for something good to suck you in but it never seems to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is for Top Ten Uses of an Un-worn Prom Dress. They were stuck together and I couldn't click the right one.

    Another bubblegum book, but I'm really liking them right now. Okay, I can't think of a complaint. It must have been pretty good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!