Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Happy Anniversary BWN!

Today is Bookworm Nation’s one year anniversary! I can’t believe it has been a year since our first post (Summer’s at Castle Auburn). BWN has changed a lot over the year as Jessica and I settle into the blogging world. I still remember talking to Jessica about starting our own book review blog. We both have a deep love of reading and have often given each other book recommendations. Since we have very similar tastes in books we decided to give the blog world a shot and create our own review blog. For me it has been a great new hobby and if possible has made me love books even more. While reading I will often think about what I want to say in my post and it has made me pay a little more attention to how books are written and what exactly I like about them.

In honor of our anniversary I have put together a list of my favorite books from the past year. We’ve reviewed over 100 books and narrowing it down turned out to be a lot harder than I thought. This list consists of new books, or at least new-to-me, that I have read over the past year. There were MANY more that I totally loved but these ones just stood out for one reason or another.

Jessica and I have great plans for BWN. If you follow our blog you know that I change our background a lot (probably too much), so we’re working on getting a set background. We want to start doing author interviews, giveaways, guest bloggers, and a few other things. So this upcoming year will be full of fun changes.

I just want to add that I really appreciate all the comments and followers of our blog. I’m not the best writer and I’m sure I make a lot of mistakes. I love reading and I love sharing my thoughts with everyone. I’ve enjoyed the friendships I’ve made through BWN and hope that we’ll have many more years of reviews ahead of us.

Thanks,
Kathy

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the list, Kath! I've been looking for a good book to read so I'll have to go check out some of these from the library. I just read a cute YA book called "Maniac Magee" by Jerry Spinelli. You've probably read it already but if you haven't you should.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Britt, I haven't read that one yet...I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Wonderful milestone. I'm looking forward to all you have in store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! And wow. I'm soooo flattered that you mentioned by book (Loser's Guide). Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!