Thursday, July 30, 2009

Unusual Suspects

Title: The House of Seven Spirits by Sharon Shinn

Genre: Mystery/Anthology

Author Site: www.sharonshinn.net

First Line: “I had thought it would bother me to live in a haunted house, but in fact I grew fond of the ghosts in an amazingly short time.”

One Word Review: Spooky

My Review: This was a fun short story. Erica has rented a haunted house for the summer while she goes through a nasty divorce, living with seven ghost’s sounds a lot more inviting then dealing with her soon-to-be ex. As she settles in she realizes that not everything is as it seems and soon discovers a mystery that needs to be solved in order to release the seven ghosts from their eternal prison. I really enjoyed this story, although it was mainly about murdered ghosts, it wasn’t scary or depressing. Once again, I could easily see this story being a full novel and a part of me wishes it was. It was a nice quick read and I can’t say how much I enjoy Sharon Shinn’s work.

I only read Sharon Shinn’s story, so I can’t say if the other stories are as good.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I hate to leave unrelated comments on a post, but I can't find an email address for you and your suggestion was the winner for "Tell Me What to Read." Surprisingly, I've already read "A Losers Guide to Life and Love" so if you'll send me a new suggestion, I'll read it in August!

    You can email me at Janssen.everyday at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!