Monday, February 28, 2011

Outside In by Maria V. Snyder

Genre: YA Fantasy (Dystopian)
Publication Date: April 1, 2011
One Word Review: Intense
Author Website: www.mariavsnyder.com
First Line: “My world changed in a heartbeat.”


GoodReads Synopsis
: Me? A Leader? Okay, I did prove that there's more to Inside than we knew. That a whole world exists beyond this cube we live in. And finding that led to a major rebellion - between worker scrubs like me and the snobby uppers who rule our world. Make that ruled. Because of me, we're free. I thought that meant I was off the hook, and could go off on my own again - while still touching base with Riley, of course. He's the one upper I think I can trust. But then we learned that there's outside and then there is Outside.

Kathy’s Review: Wow. I really enjoyed this book, as much as or more so than the first one. I really looked forward to Outside In and was excited when I received a copy to review. I really loved Trella, she is a great heroine and was fun to read. The story sucks you in and even though I had a million other things to do, I kept reading and would squeeze in reading time whenever I could. I’m definitely on Team Riley, he is a great leading man and thought he and Trella had great chemistry together. I really enjoyed the story and was kept on the edge of my seat. I don’t know if there will be another book, but I sure hope so!!!

I had to drop a star because of a couple “love” scenes between Trella and Riley. They weren’t too descriptive, but went a little too far for my taste. I guess to me it made their relationship seem more like “lust” then “love”, but at the same time I did feel like they loved each other and I was rooting for them the whole time. Anyway, take those out and this would have been a very clean read.

Bookworm Rating: 4

Reading Order:
Book One: Inside Out
Book Two: Outside In
Book Three:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!