Tuesday, July 21, 2015

(Mis(fortune) by Melissa Haag

(Mis)fortune (Judgement of the Six, #2)(Mis)fortune by Melissa Haag
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
New Adult Urban Fantasy

4.5

I enjoyed this one much more than the first book. Maybe it was the fact I knew more about what was going on or maybe I just liked the story and characters more. We learn new things in each book, but basically there are six girls with different abilities, because of their specialness werewolves are attracted to them and are able to mate with them (they're not able to mate with regular humans. Dang it.) In the first book, Gabby was unsure what her talents were and how they worked. She figured out a little more by the end of the book. In this book, Michelle is more self aware, she may not know *why* she has her talent, but she is more comfortable with it and how it works. That is until her talent starts changing.

I thought this was an enjoyable story. Michelle and her two little brothers escaped from captivity and are on the run. They cross paths with Emmitt at an out of the way pit stop. He sees they are in need and offers his protection. Not having any other options, Michelle takes a risk to trust him and goes to stay with his family. Most of the book is spent with her time in hiding, which was okay with me. I liked seeing Michelle and Emmitt's relationship grow, he's so patient and kind. I loved how he gave Michelle time and space, but still made an effort to be with her. Then towards the end things start to pick up again and we learn a little more about Michelle and her captors.

Overall, this was a fun installment. Part of me thought it would have made a good first book, but it works well with the series and world building. If you enjoy a good Urban Fantasy I'd give this series a try. I'm excited to read the next book.

Content
Romance: Clean, kissing and very mild innuendo
Language: None (there may be one or two, can't remember)
Violence: Mild, a kidnapping and mild werewolf fighting
Other: Drinking, going to bars, etc.
Religious: None

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!