Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Sophia by Paula Kremser

SophiaSophia by Paula Kremser
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was first drawn to this one because of the cover, so pretty! It didn’t hurt that it’s also a regency, which is a favorite genre for me.

Sophia Spencer is a country girl, raised away from society and unable to afford a season she has accepted her life for what it is. When a distant aunt dies and leaves her a sizeable inheritance she is finally given the opportunity to have a season and possibly find a husband. She goes to London and stays with another family member, one who is not happy with their late aunts will. Not used to the hectic lifestyle she finds herself at another ball and completely exhausted. Seeking a moments rest she slips into a room and falls asleep. She doesn’t realize she’s been led to a gentleman’s room and is about to be compromised.

I thought this had a good plot and likable enough characters. I just found it to be a little slow at times and predictable. Overall, it was a good story and I’ll be looking for more from Ms. Kremser.

Content: Squeaky clean.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!