Friday, October 30, 2015

Always Will by Melanie Jacobson

Always WillAlways Will by Melanie Jacobson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This has been nominated for a 2015 Swoony Award, you can vote for it here.

I really enjoying this one.

Hannah has been in love with her brothers best friend for over ten years. As she's gotten older she's able to set aside her crush, but when her brother gets married and Will ends up living down the hall from her, her old feelings resurface and she realizes her feelings have never changed. She panics when Will decides he wants to settle down as well, and wants her help navigating the online dating world.

While I love a good friends-to-lovers storyline, it rarely gets pulled off to my satisfaction, which it did in this case. Usually, I'm just frustrated that a girl has been in love with a guy for years and years and is living her life on the sidelines while he dates others and never sees her as more than a friend. It seems in these books the girl is always the one doing the pursing and trying to make the guy see her as more. That always rubs me the wrong way. So, I was relieved when this story didn't follow that same path. Hannah realizes her rut and takes measures to take control of her life. Hannah is a likable character, easy to root for. There were a couple times I wanted to jump in and shake some sense into her, but she does a pretty good job of doing that herself. I liked Will, but again, wanted to shake some sense into him as well. I normally like the guy to do the pursuing, but I thought things were handled pretty well here.

Overall, this was very well written, I was sucked in and didn't want to put it down. The characters were all likable (Jay needs his own book!) and while I was reading I kept thinking of friends that I would want to share it with. Fun read!

Content
Romance: Clean
Language: None
Violence: None
Religious: None


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!