Thursday, October 22, 2015

Jessie Belle by Jennifer Peel

Jessie Belle (The Women of Merryton #1)Jessie Belle by Jennifer Peel
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Love

I am a huge fan of Jennifer Peel. Her books have a way of sucking me in and I don't want to put them down. I think what I liked about Jessie Belle is that our main couple is already married, they've been together for thirteen (I think) years, they've drifted apart and their marriage is really put to the test when Blake has to tell Jessica that he has a teenage daughter he never knew about.

I really liked Jessica's character and the growth she goes through. I really felt her pain and loved her strength. The topic touched a little close to home in that my husband and I suffered with infertility and I know how heartbreaking it is to want a child and not be able to have one. Anyway, Jessica was a likable character and really handled everything so much better than I would have. :)

I liked Blake, in a lot of ways I understood him. But, he really drove me nuts too. It would take a special kind of person to be married to him. :) I was hoping to see him come out of his shell more, I really wanted to see him making more effort. He does a little, but in the end I still felt like Jessica was doing the majority of the work. I did like him though and how he was trying to be respectful of Jessica and what she needed. They are a good couple and work well together. They also have great chemistry. It was fun watching their relationship grow and strengthen.

Overall, another great read by Ms. Peel. I'm glad we'll be returning to Merryton with future books, can't wait to return to this charming town.

Content
Romance: Clean
Language: None
Violence: None
Religious: None-Mild, not religious or preachy

This has been nominated for a 2015 Swoony Award, you can vote for it here.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!