Monday, December 7, 2015

Kisses in the Rain by Krista Lynne Jensen

Kisses in the RainKisses in the Rain by Krista Lynne Jensen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was initially drawn to this because of the super cute cover. I love it! I've also read and enjoyed this author before so I knew it was one I would like. I couldn't remember what it was about when I picked it up, decided to just dive in and see where the story took me. It's kind of fun to just start a book without reading the synopsis or others reviews.

Anyway, Jace and Georgie are both getting out of relationships that ended badly. They are not looking to meet anyone and probably want to avoid dating actually. Georgie was in a recent car accident and is struggling with healing physically and emotionally. She doesn't trust easily, but is trying to get back to her old self. Jace is upset about his breakup and doesn't make a great first impression with Georgie.

I liked this one, I wish we could have seen Georgie when she was more back to normal. We kind of meet her when she is in the middle of dealing with her grief and other issues. We get
hints of her "fun" side and I would have liked to see her more when she was a little more healed, I guess. I liked her though, she went through a lot, but she was a fighter and determined to figure out her mess and move on with life. I liked Jace, he was a good character and good for Georgie. I thought they were cute together. I was excepting a more lighthearted story, it was a little more serious than I anticipated, but not in a bad way.

I loved the small town charm, the atmosphere of the restaurant and the overall story. It was a nice escape for a bit and an enjoyable read. I'd easily recommend it to fans of the genre.

Content
Romance: Clean, just kissing
Language: None
Violence: None, mention of car crash
Religious: None-mild, characters are Christian and attend church, etc. but no preaching


This has been nominated for a 2015 Swoony Award, you can vote for it here.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!