Wednesday, February 1, 2017

By Your Side by Kasie West

By Your SideBy Your Side by Kasie West
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

So, I don't read a whole lot of Contemporary YA anymore, but there are still a few YA authors that I just love and Kasie West is one of them. I always know I will enjoy her books and eagerly await her newest release. When I read the synopsis for By Your Side I knew I had to read it right away. I was pleasantly surprised with this one, was sucked in early on and stayed up late to find out what would happen next. This is a fun read!

Autumn Collins is an interesting character, she suffers from an anxiety disorder but desperately tries to hide it from her friends. She's a likable character, active in school, comes from a good loving family and was an easy character to root for. Dax Miller is an outcast, keeps to himself and just counting down the days until he's eighteen and free. You can't help but like him and root for him as well. Neither are too happy when they find themselves locked in the city library over a long holiday weekend. I enjoyed seeing their friendship grow and how they bring out the best in each other. I liked that the story was a little deeper than I was expecting and seeing Autumn learn about herself and see her figure things out.

Don't want to give anything away, so I'll just say this was a fun read. I did think the end was wrapped up a little quickly, but was also happy with how things wrapped up. I had a couple unanswered questions (view spoiler), but would totally recommend to anyone who enjoys Contemporary YA romance!

Content: Clean, mild kissing, no language or violence


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!