Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Desert Fire by Marcia Lynn McClure

Genre: Western Romance

Publication Date: 2005

One Word Review: Cute

Author Website: www.marcialynnmcclure.com

First Line: She felt something on her face.

Kathy’s Review: The book starts with our main character waking up with amnesia with a very handsome man rescuing her from dying in the desert. He takes her back to his family and slowly her memories begin to come back. As her memories return she realizes that she is in danger and on the run.

I really enjoyed this story, it was a quick, fun read. I liked Annie (I prefer to call her Annie rather than her real name…Malania), she was spunky and held her own. While she does fall for Jackson quickly, its believable and their relationship progress at a nice pace. I liked Jackson, he was a good leading man and even though he was rough around the edges he was a softy at heart. There were quite a few close calls for Jackson, six times saving Annie may have been a bit too much. It also seemed to be a little less cheesy then some of the other McClure books I've read. The story really reminded me of Marcia’s other book Weathered Too Young; the storylines seemed a little too similar. Overall, a cute western romance.


Bookworm Rating: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!