Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Fall Yummies Week 5

Surprise! It's Friday! Hehe. Just kidding. I know y'all are probably thinking what in the world is KJ doing posting her recipe on Wednesday instead of Friday?! Well... the answer is simple! We wanted to go out with a BANG and decided to do the Winners on Friday instead of today. So keep those reviews coming all you Swoony Participants! We LOVE hearing from you guys and reading your reviews!

And before I post the recipe I personally want to give Kathy a HUGE THANK YOU for putting this all together for us and making it SO much fun!! Not everyone got a chance to see how much work she actually put into this and I was blown away by how much she accomplished and did for Swoon Fest all the while taking care of her family! She is definitely Wonder Woman!! I have absolutely LOVED working with her on this and can't wait for the next one!! Kath... you are an AMAZING person who went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure our First Swoon Fest was such a HUGE success!! I am so very grateful that you were willing to not only host it BUT agree to do another one... or two... or five!! ;) Hehe. You completely and totally ROCK my friend!! Can't wait to work with you again on the next ones!! :)

Ok... and now for our amazing recipe for this week. Kathy found this one and shared it with me and I knew I just HAD to share it with you guys!! It looks and sounds absolutely DECADENT!! I REALLY want to hear from you guys if you try this out!! So... without further adieu I give you... 


Marshmallow Pumpkin Bars!! Don't they look AMAZING?! *swoony sigh*

Ingredients:

4 eggs
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
1 cup canola oil
1 15-oz can pumpkin
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 bag chocolate chips
1 10-oz bag mini marshmallows

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix together eggs, sugars, oil, and pumpkin until completely combined.
3. In a separate, small bowl - mix together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Slowly add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture, and then the chocolate chips.
5. Pour the mixture into a baking sheet (15x10x1) and bake for 25-30 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and let them cool completely.
7. Top with marshmallows, and broil in the oven for 1 minute or until golden brown. (Be sure to watch them closely so they don't burn).
8. Let them cool completely and then serve.

Enjoy! And don't forget to share with us if you try them! ;) 

3 comments:

  1. Yes, THANK YOU, Kathy and Kathy Jo!!! I made these yesterday and they are divine. Seriously though, watch the marshmallows. I barely caught mine in time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks so much Kathy Jo! Swoon Fest has been a lot of fun for me. I love having read-a-thons and they are much more fun when you can do them with others! I have appreciate all your support and help with casting and for doing the recipes! It's been great to have so much support from everyone and it makes me want to do it again some time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!