Saturday, April 29, 2017

Swoony Spotlights - April

Welcome to Swoony Worthy Spotlights, hosted by Bookworm NationKatie's Clean Book Collection and KJ's Book Nook! Swoon Worthy Spotlights features 1-3 of our favorite books that we have read during the month. We will share the cover(s), our review(s) and a link to each other's post so you can check out which books we have all chosen!

April has been full of regency reads for me, and it's been awesome. I love this genre, the time period and storylines are always so much fun. To be honest, it can be hard to find good regencies out there, but when you do find a good one...sigh, it's heaven. Here are a few that really stood out to me...

by Karen Tuft
Traditional Regency Romance

This is not only a favorite for this month, but an overall favorite for me. This truly captured the regency feel, loved the characters and was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it! A bit of a forbidden-love story, with charming characters.

A Lady of Esteem (Hawthorn House, Prequel) 
by Kristi Ann Hunter
Regency Romance

Adorable! I really enjoyed this lighthearted regency. Endearing characters and a fun plot. A great introduction to the series (which I read out of order). One of my favorite things in novels is a funny "meet cute" and this one was great!

An Elegant Façade (Hawthorn House, #2)
by Kristi Ann Hunter
Regency Romance

Great character development and an interesting story. I always enjoy the whole "enemies to lovers" plots and thought it was really well done in this one. Great read and a fun regency series overall.

Secrets of a Spinster (Arrangements, #3)
by Rebecca Connolly
Regency Romance

Friends to lovers trope, and my favorite of the Arrangement series, I loved the characters and story. I thought it was well written and kept me glued to the pages.  Looking forward to many more books by Ms. Connolly.


**********************************************************************************
And don't for get to check Kathy Jo's post here and Katie's post here!

Do you have a blog and want to join us for Swoon Worthy Spotlights? Then grab the picture and post with us! We will be posting on the last day of each month. Make sure you share your link with us so we can check out your favorite authors as well! If you don't have a blog, just leave a comment below. I'd love to hear which books we're your favorite for the month!






3 comments:

  1. Great Regency picks, Kath! I want to read Krisi Hunter's---I've had my eye on it for awhile. And I loved the one book of Connelly's that I've read--I need to get going on more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed the books! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for featuring The Earl's Betrothal on your blog as a favorite for April. Such a fun and wholly unexpected surprise!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!