Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Forest of Firelight by Shari L Tapscott

Forest of Firelight (The Riven Kingdoms, #1)Forest of Firelight by Shari L. Tapscott
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

*happy sigh* *frustrated sigh*

I picked this one up late last night, just wanting to give it a quick peek to see what it was like. Before I knew it I was sucked in, totally invested and up way past my bedtime. Luckily, it was a nice rainy day here and I was able to curl up and finish reading. I really enjoyed this one, it reminded me how much I just love the High Fantasy genre.

I'm kind of glad I didn't read the synopsis before diving in. I like the mystery of it all, especially where the Huntsman Rhys is concerned. Is he a friend or foe? He's certainly swoony as all get out. Broody in one moment and a big softy in the next. But always a protector. Or is he? He will keep you guessing for sure. Princess Amalia was charming, endearing and just very likable. She's a bit clueless and I'm not sure if she'd ever be able to survive on her own (which sounds a lot like me), but you can't help but like her. Amalia has different kind of strength, which I liked. She is loyal, kind and brave. The sparks just leap off the pages whenever Amalia and Rhys share a scene, which thankfully is most of the book.

I typically wait for a series to be complete before reading, but I'm glad I went ahead and read this one even though the next installment isn't out for a couple months. I really loved it, it's easily one of my favorite books I've read this year, or in a long time. I love the world Ms. Tapscott has created, wasn't over the top, just a wonderful place I'd like to visit. I obviously loved the main characters, but also enjoyed the supporting cast.

I am really looking forward to this new series, highly recommend to anyone who likes to read. Seriously, if you've never read a high fantasy before, this is a great one to start with. And if you are a fan of the genre, you'll want to add this to your collection.

Content
Romance: Swoony clean.
Language: None
Violence: Mild-Moderate. Attempted kidnappings, death. Nothing graphic.

Similar Books You May Enjoy...
The Bird and the Sword (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #1) by Amy Harmon Queen in Exile by Donna Hatch Just Ella (Books of Dalthia #1) by Annette K. Larsen Stolen Songbird (The Malediction Trilogy, #1) by Danielle L. Jensen Mystic and Rider (Twelve Houses, #1) by Sharon Shinn

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!