Wednesday, February 24, 2021

The Legendary Inge by Kate Stradling

The Legendary IngeThe Legendary Inge by Kate Stradling
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a lot of fun, loosely based on Beowulf and other Scandinavian elements, none of which I was too familiar with so it all just felt fresh and unique for me. I thought it was well written, a few twists to keep things interesting and a likable cast of characters.

Ingrid aka Inge was a fun character! She gets thrown into this awkward situation where the King believes she is a boy and adopts her as his son. Everyone believes the king is a bit crazy, so they all just go along with it. As the story progresses though there is a lot more going on than what Inge realizes. I also loved Raske, and was glad for the times we had his POV, and would have liked a bit more from him especially seeing his feelings change for Inge. (view spoiler) I loved their relationship though and how Raske really treated her differently than everyone else, even if she doesn't quite see that herself.

The end is a lot of fun, when all the secrets start coming to light and we finally see what has been going on. I love that its a standalone story, so the author didn't have to drag out certain plots, instead focusing on just writing one complete story, which I thought worked really well. Overall, a really enjoyable read.

Content Rated PG+
Romance: mild, kissing (G rated)
Language: none that I remember
Violence: mild+ some battles, fighting monsters, death

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!