Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Moon Called by Patricia Briggs

"'Werewolves can be dangerous if you get in their way, but they'll leave you alone if you are careful. They are very good at hiding their natures from the human population, but I'm not human. I know them when I meet them, and they know me, too.'
Mercy Thompson's sexy next-door neighbor is a werewolf. She's tinkering with a VW bus at her mechanic shop that happens to belong to a vampire. But then, Mercy Thompson is not exactly normal herself... and her connection to the world of things that go bump in the night is about to get her into a whole lot of trouble."

I'm torn with this book. I really wanted to like it, and the overall story idea was intersting. The characters fell flat for me, the writing was a bit boring, and full of random information. I found myself having to re-read passages to try and understand what was going on. I didn't feel the love triangle was well developed, and I'm using the term "love" losely. I wanted to like Mercy, and for the most part she was okay. I thought it was funny that she was portrayed as a strong fighter type, but cried most of the time. I wasn't satisfied with the ending, and although I am curious with who Mercy ends up with, I don't think I will read the other books in the series.

Book One: Moon Called
Book Two: Blood Bound
Book Three: Iron Kissed
Book Four: Bone Crossed
Book Five: Silver Borne
Book Six:
Book Seven:

1 comment:

  1. I really liked the love triangle that became a little more intense at the end. I kind of didn't care much about the struggles of the underworld, but I'm going to TRY the other books to see if I can glean any more out of the love story. It has potential.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!