Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

"In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlaying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of 12 and 18 to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. Sexteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger siseter, regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead beafore--and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that weigh survival against humanity and life against love."

Wow! I loved this book. The story was great and I loved the main characters. I thought the main idea of the book was a bit distrubing, but it was writing extremly well. You really end up rooting for Katniss and Peeta. Once I started reading I couldn't put it down, I HAD to keep reading to see what would happen. At the beginging I thought I knew about how it would end, but I was actually surprised. The love story is fun, I totally fell for Peeta, but also am curious about Gale. There will be a very interesting love-triangle for the second book. The second book comes out in September, I can't wait! This is a great read and I recommend it to everyone!

Book One: Hunger Games
Book Two: Catching Fire

2 comments:

  1. The ending surprised me as well. In a good way. And I, too, am very curious about Gale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book fasicnated me! It was like a car wreck I couldn't stop reading. Good pick.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!