Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong

“My name is Chloe Saunders and my life will never be the same again. All I wanted was to make friends, meet boys, and keep on being ordinary. I don’t even know what that means anymore. It all started on the day I saw my first ghost—and the ghost saw me. Now there are ghosts everywhere and they won’t leave me alone. To top it all off, I somehow got myself locked up in Lyle House, a “special home: for troubled teens. Yet the home inst what it seems. Don’t tell anyone, but I think there might be more to my housemates than meets the eye. The question is, whose side are they on? It’s up to me to figure out the dangerous secrets behind Lyle House…before its skeletons come back to haunt me.”

I’m usually not really into ghost stories, so although the cover kind of called to me I wasn’t sure about a story where the main heroine can see and speak to ghosts. It actually turned out to be a pretty enjoyable read. It was clearly written as a first book in a series (browsing through the authors other works it seems she is fond of series. I hope this one ends up as a trilogy and not a long dragged out series.). Since it is the first, it was a bit slow at times, but I guess that it was meant to really develop the characters and set the background. I feel the next book will be a little more exciting. I thought Chloe and Derek had great chemistry, although their relationship, at this point, was not meant to be a romantic one. It seems that Chloe and Simon are the “couple” but I didn’t really feel any chemistry between them. I like Rae and I can see she will probably cause a lot of problems for everyone, but she seems to have good intentions. The book ends on a cliff-hanger and definitely left me wanting more. Luckily, book two will be released Aril 28, so I won’t have to wait long.

Book One: The Summoning
Book Two: The Awakening

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!