Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Love to Last Forever by Tracie Peterson

"All Beth Gallatin has really wanted out of life is to settle down in one town, with one man, and raise a family. But with her father's roaming ways, she's always been denied that dream; instead, she found solace in reading romantic books. With her father's passing, she can, for the first time, dare to claim the rugged Montana frontier as her home. Nick Lassiter has loved Beth since she first came to town, but she's always seemed to think of him more as a brother. Just when he finally gets Beth to consider him, however, a challenger threatens the affection growing between them. But neither Nick nor Beth is prepared when they must face the consequences of Nick's complicated past. As a past fraught with unwise choices and guilt invades their world, can Nick and Beth find a love that will last forever?" -GoodReads

This one was just okay for me. The first half just felt a bit too preachy and Gwen and Beth just come across a little too goody-goody for me. Although they are obviously very Christian, they come across too judgmental for me. It felt too much like I was getting a sermon instead of a story. Not to mention all the romance novel talk from Beth, that got old rather quickly. About halfway or maybe a little more, it kind of changed pace and felt more like the first book. I am glad how things worked out for Beth, but the storyline itself was predictable and didn’t really hold a lot of excitement.

Lacy, the youngest Gallatin sister, has always been my favorite. She seems the most normal, down-to-earth character, full of sass and I love the encounters she has with Dave. They have the most chemistry out of all the characters. I’m excited to read her story in “A Dream to Call My Own,” and hope that Peterson keeps Lacy true to character and lightens up on the preaching aspect. You can tell a clean, motivating story without all the preachy stuff, just my opinion

Book One: A Promise to Believe in
Book Two: A Love to Last Forever
Book Three: A Dream to Call My Own

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!